Open Heavens Devotional 2021
DATE: Thu, Nov 11, 2021
TOPIC: THE MIGHTY DEEDS OF GOD
“The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.” – (Exodus 15:3)
READ: Exodus 15:1-11 (KJV)
- Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
- The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation; he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
- The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is his name.
- Pharaoh’s chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea; his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.
- The depths have covered them; they sank into the bottom as a stone.
- Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power; thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.
- And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee; thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble.
- And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.
- The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.
- Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them; they sank as lead in the mighty waters.
- Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
Children of God shake and bow in fear to the enemy only when they fail to recognize that their Heavenly Father is the Mighty Warrior who has never lost and will never lose a war. The Lord of hosts is our Banner. He is the only one that can protect and lead us into victory.
Bowing in fear will displease God, to say the least, because He has commanded that “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3). This is the reason Jesus Christ our Lord came to deliver those who, for the fear of death, subject themselves to everlasting bondage according to Hebrews 2:14-15:
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
I have experienced the mighty deeds of God in my life over and over again and I have come to the conclusion that there is no god as mighty as my Daddy in heaven – the Lord of hosts. For example, I recall a time I was travelling with my driver and we got to the middle of a narrow bridge that could take only one vehicle at a time. We then suddenly discovered that a truck was also coming from the opposite direction on the same bridge. Only the intervention of the Almighty God could have made that bridge expand for my car and the truck to pass through without colliding with each other.
The Almighty God is the Greatest Warrior. The children of Israel experienced the mighty deeds of God and they composed a song as we read in today’s Bible text. I pray that the mighty deeds of God will produce your desired miracle today, in Jesus’ name. You however, have to become a child of God to enjoy His mighty deeds. The Israelites were regular witnesses to the mighty deeds of God because they belonged to Him – they were His children.
In order to experience the mighty deeds of God, you need to be born again. This is the first mighty work the Lord does in the lives of His children – the salvation of their souls (1 John 1:7-9). I pray that the mighty deeds of God will become a daily occurrence in your life, in the name of Jesus.
Father, please make me experience Your mighty deeds this season and always, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 14 – JESUS, MY LORD, MY GOD, MY ALL
- Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
Hear me, blest Saviour